• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Sabre 408……HELP

CNCguru

The first thing I would do is test the power supply voltages. I attached a photo circling the points you can probe with a multimeter, the right-most point would be the motherboard screw that is grounded, where you should put the negative (black) lead of the multimeter. The positive (red) lead of the multimeter should be on the circled points on the resistors corresponding to the respective voltage presence indicator LEDs.

Let me know what those voltages read...
Question…….should I leave everything connected or disconnect everything & just apply power to the board?

fdarling

Question…….should I leave everything connected or disconnect everything & just apply power to the board?
You need to check the voltages while the machine is powered on, such that the relevant LEDs I show in that photo are lit. If the LEDs aren't lit, then you know that power rail is off and that's already a problem.

The multimeter needs to be in DC voltage mode, and you need to have the positive test lead inserted into the voltage banana jack on the multimeter, not the current banana jack.

The top area of that electrical cabinet should all be +24VDC at most and relatively safe to touch/probe, but still use caution!