• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Sabre material question

Dropout

Good morning all.

I am going to be naking some parts from 1x6 boards. Is there a way to set up the material size in Artpath to multiple boards side by side (hopefully with some spacing between them)? Only loading one 5 1/2 wide board is a huge waste of space on a 54 inch wide machine.

Thanks.

Dropout

Tony Teveris

You can either create "repeats" within ARTPath itself or in the Output dialog you can specify "job" repeats either a matrix or "inplace". InPlace is where you would change the material for each repeat of the job.

Typestries

And make yourself a jig to hold each board in place, something like a piece of MDO 12" x 48 then rout a bunch of U shapes a bit wider than your stock, clamp it on the front and back of the table and use wedges to lock the 1xs in place. That way there will be fast changeout.

Dropout

You can either create "repeats" within ARTPath itself or in the Output dialog you can specify "job" repeats either a matrix or "inplace". InPlace is where you would change the material for each repeat of the job.

Hi Tony

I have used these when doing repetative parts. In this situation I will need to put different parts on each piece of 1X6. Is that possible?

Dropout

Dropout

And make yourself a jig to hold each board in place, something like a piece of MDO 12" x 48 then rout a bunch of U shapes a bit wider than your stock, clamp it on the front and back of the table and use wedges to lock the 1xs in place. That way there will be fast changeout.

I was planning to use part specific vacuum pods but this might make more sense. Thanks.

Dropout