• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Service is really upsetting me.

Dennis Schaub

wow, you been at this a long time huh? 2 POSTS............without knowing the whole story, and being your 2nd post...........i am inclined to agree with everyone else here and i want to add............since YOU KNOW NOTHING, you got to blame somebody......thats more like it.

I get so tired of the "you've only posted 3.876 times, so your opinion is invalid" comments. How many posts do I need to have before my comments are valued, and how do I get there without these comments? No need for the drama, that is what customers are for.

Cheers!
Dennis

Marlene

I get so tired of the "you've only posted 3.876 times, so your opinion is invalid" comments. How many posts do I need to have before my comments are valued, and how do I get there without these comments? No need for the drama, that is what customers are for.

I think he was not saying that you have to be a heavy poster to have a valid opinion, it just looked like this guy joined the site for the purpose of ragging on Gerber. from what he has been saying, it doesn't sound like Gerber has actually done anything wrong other than not preforming at the rates this guy wants to pay and at the time period he thinks they should answering his service call back at. since this is of great importance to this guy, it should have been asked at time of purchase. you can't expect to tell a company how long it should take for a call back or what rates to charge, you base that on the info they provide before purchase. if you don't like the answer, then look at other companies.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Cheers!
Dennis

Haha......... got that right.........:banghead:

You get tired of that ?? I just get tired of the same ol' stoopid questions time after time and about the same stuff and after you dr-a-a-ag the whole story out of them..... they all fess up, they jumped the gun, didn't know what they were talking about, had mis-onformation, didn't delve far enough....... just didn't do what they should.... as a business-person.

Not poking at the OP, but these kinda questions in general.

They're all the same. Different date, different title, different OP...... but all the same. :Sleeping:

ForgeInc

Don't mean to resurrect this thread, but wanted to jump in on the bandwagon a bit.

Our m3000 cutter has been down since June 6th. We've flown techs out here twice now and both times the machine has worked for a day or so and stopped working again. It seems like a lot of the visits are simply throwing parts at things until they find something that fixes the issue.

I can understand the OP frustration.

We've had our cutter for about 15 months and it's performed reasonably well, but I'm less than happy with our recent service experience. After being down this long, you'd think we would be "at the top of the queue" for getting us up n running, but alas doesn't seem to be so and the soonest can get someone out here again is wed.

I don't have a beef with the equipment, but have heard horror stories about gerber service and now we're getting a little bit of first hand understanding why.

ForgeInc

Wanted to update as to our service experience. Since we posted I think we have had 2 more visits by Gerber techs (thanks Dennis!) and he has finally gotten us up and running. I guess we had a fairly uncommon "z axis" error that kept creeping up on us. Long story short, they made it right for us, stayed longer than expected and gave us a deal on both part costs and service costs.

It's always frustrating to be down (cost us a ton of overtime as well as a slew of outsource costs) and sometimes you wonder why it takes multiple visits but have to say in the long run we are pretty happy with how Gerber responded and took the time and effort to make it right.

Your mileage may vary of course....