Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerber software advice needed

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by dsignman, Jun 22, 2009.

1. dsignman

dsignman New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I own the Omega 3.0 software and need a 30" plotter. Are there any plotters out there (other than the high priced Gerber) that can cut straight from a .plt file? Or, do I have to convert to Corel or some other software?

Tags:
  2. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    All plotters will cut from Omega I have used a Graphtec, but like Flexi better for vinyl cutting

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    If you will click on your Gerber System Tray icon and then select Install Plotter / Router, you will be shown a list of selectable plotter models which number in the dozens. Any number of them are manufactured by Roland, Graphtec, Summa, Allen Datagraph and others. Once selected they will respond to a Gerber PLT file sent from GSPPlot. It is possible that some special features of any given plotter may not be fully supported but the job will cut.

I have several friends who have reported success with the Graphtec line. You may find that limiting your search to only a 30" plotter may rule out a number of plotter models. It would be wise, IMHO, to limit your selection to what is supported on the above mentioned list.