• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber super sprint with LMK

Tel

Here is a question for all the old hands who remember the super sprint 15inch plotters that came with its own computer and plug in fonts etc.
A package was available to use the plotter from a computer instead of its own computer programme it came with a card called an LMK module and when installed you used your own programme we used omega 2.02 and the keyboard on the super sprint only had a few functions online offline and movement with the arrows to line up the target. I have one which used to work fine until I decided to remove the module to read the front of it as I had aquired another super sprint for spares anyway when plugged back in the plotter refused to work again, it boots up and the pen will move to the edge of the bed but it will not go online nor does the arrows move the pen or drum and the other super sprint I got does exactly the same. I can only assume that one does something to activate it either holding keys while switching on or pressing some sequence of keys when on, does anyone know or can help in anyway or point me in the direction of someone who can help.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The LMK card has no effect on the SuperSprint until the SuperSprint is put online. You should be able to reboot the SuperSprint and have it work normally from its own keyboard and fonts. It is possible, and I am guessing, that if you have an LMK card from a Sprint or Signmaker, that it could be specific to those older motherboards. Unplugging the LMK and rebooting the SuperSprint would answer that question.

If it doesn't, the first thing to do is to remove the console cover and check your plug in connections. Beyond that, more specifics would be needed.

Tel

Thanks Fred
Took out the LMK modules rebooted switched off replaced the modules rebooted and they are both working now only have one small problem one super sprint the original one we had if you press the DEVICE/SELECT SPEED key it goes into slow speed mode for lining up the target, the other super sprint doesn't do this is this something that needs to be set up.
I am amazed I am in Northern Ireland and the super sprint we have was originally bought in Belfast new the other one came from England and there is exactly 100 between the serial numbers.
Anyway Thanks again for the help
Regards
Tel