• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber vinyl.. anyone sell it?

Colin

When I started in the sign biniss over 20 years ago, I had the impression that the Gerber cast vinyl was the best you could get. True?

Mosh

Gerber IMO is the best, just remember it is made by 3M. Midwest Sign Supply sells it.
BTW I use Oracal for 90% of our stuff due to price, but will admit 3M/Gerber is better stuff. Back until 94-95 Gerber 210 was all I used.

Malkin

We've been using for at least 10 years and has rarely (if ever) let us down.
Gotta say though, some of the it that we have recently had to remove (esp EDGE printed) after being on a truck for 5-7 years is a real bear.

3M 7125 series is mostly the same face stock colors.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
When I started in the sign biniss over 20 years ago, I had the impression that the Gerber cast vinyl was the best you could get. True?

Gerber's vinyl is made by 3M and goes through an extra cleaning process to remove surface contaminates that can/could effect Thermal printing like when using the Gerber Edge. 3M 7125 colors are the same and less expensive.

ProWraps

Gerber's vinyl is made by 3M and goes through an extra cleaning process to remove surface contaminates that can/could effect Thermal printing like when using the Gerber Edge. 3M 7125 colors are the same and less expensive.

outstanding. thank you very much. this makes me very happy. i just need the spec'ed colors. i knew it was made by 3M but didnt realize that the colors were the same.

Colin

Great, now that that's cleared up, I can start on my campaign to get ProWraps to change his avatar.

:Big Laugh

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Great, now that that's cleared up, I can start on my campaign to get ProWraps to change his avatar.

:Big Laugh

If you have AdBlock+ extension in your browser (FireFox or Chrome), just block it with that...

hey, that's a great idea... I think I'll do it myself... :)

MikePro

we're all Gerber/3M here, with a hint of Oracal/Mactac when i need to save a buck.
+1 midwest/advantage s.s.