• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GerberCut?

FLSignMan

Hi guys,

We're considering adding GerberCut to our Sabre for POP Graphics, etc - does anyone have any experience with the technology? I've heard mixed reviews....

Thanks for your thoughts!

Typestries

Do you want to cut stuff off of your flatbed? Why do you need the eye? We cut lots of stuff off the flatbed on the router without an eye no problem. You do need to watch your media feed calibration for length.
Just print a 1 point stroke black rectangle around your design and register that to your origin on the router table. Put a bleed on the art to make it even easier.

Doug Weaver

Do you want to cut stuff off of your flatbed? Why do you need the eye? We cut lots of stuff off the flatbed on the router without an eye no problem. You do need to watch your media feed calibration for length.
Just print a 1 point stroke black rectangle around your design and register that to your origin on the router table. Put a bleed on the art to make it even easier.

We do something similar to this process as well. We print two registration marks outside of the printed area. We try to always keep these registration marks in the same location regardless of what the actual printed area maybe. We bored two 1/4" diameter holes in the bleeder board on the CNC table, that are in direct relationship to the registration marks. We then drill a 1/4" diameter hole through the two registration marks on the printed sheet, and as we place the sheet on the CNC table, we align the holes onto the pins. This process gives us acurate registration on the print to cut and provides quick and acurate location of the sheet onto the CNC table. A little bleed is always nice, but we find that most of the time we do not need it.

Hope this helps as well.

ksc

We Have The eye it saves lots of time it is easy and works very well we waste less materials