• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Get rid of these little tic marks

bboukari

What are these tic marks? I noticed if I print uni-d, there are more of them. I can see them on both black and red, although I don't think it has anything to do with the ink color. As the red below obviously contains a little yellow, magenta and black. A complete set of the photos can be seen here. The tic marks are especially noticeable on the black part of the other photos at the link below. Also, one of the photos with the orange, you can see some banding. Any help in diagnosing this would be great.
-Bryan

Attachments

• 47a3dd39b3127cce98548a719c8f00000035121AcuHLFszbNl.jpg
    47a3dd39b3127cce98548a719c8f00000035121AcuHLFszbNl.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:

mopar691

Hello and welcome.

Common cause is improper machine maintenance, crud on head, Letting your cat sleep on the warm platens, etc.

Mosh

Clean up! Are you using 3rd Party ink, that happened to me when I did, pretty much only in high speed printing.

bsm

dirty head

yep, get a torch and look carefully under the head and you will find a fibre that is dragging through the wet ink.