• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting a Dense Black on a Mutoh

schurms

I am having trouble getting a dense black on some files, mostly unlayered
files where I am not able to munipulate files. If I create a file I get a good black doing 30 30 30 100. Any suggestions ?
Bruce Schurmann

Flame

for raster images, 30 30 30 100 works. How I have my profiles setup ... vectors look good at 0 0 0 100.

NEVER go 100 100 100 100. Bad stuff will happen.

schurms

What do you do when you are doing a JPEG and there are some black areas ? It doesn't look real rich sometimes? Vectors are fine

gabagoo

I can control my blacks but yes jpegs and tiff files unless you take them back into photoshop and re do the black areas I am pretty sure your SOL, but hey the customer supplies the file so it is up to them to make them correct for print. I have a 7 page pdf file on my web site that tells them what I want for print and if they don't follow it correctly the results will be less than desirable. Having said that I still like to get our finished products to look the best we can, afterall I am not in business to do one time print jobs.