• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

getting a mounting pattern up on a stucco dryvit surface

luggnut

we have is a really large mounting pattern that we are having issues sticking to a dryvit wall ... wind issues etc... used gorilla tape ... .. any of you got tips... giant thumb tacks? ..lol

TimToad

Chop it up into more manageable sized pieces, do it in the morning when the wind is lightest and tons of Gorilla Tape. No magic answer I'm afraid.

Billct2

We mount on coro or cardboard and tape in place and then also add some screw where studs will go.

AaronSSsignsKC

yep if you are always fighting wind super 77 paper pattern to coro and screw to the wall in a few of the stud holes as well as some gorilla tape in addition, works great and cost ya the extra few bucks of a sheet of coro or cardboard.

d fleming

And the winner is......coro and super 77. Although I use EIFS tape instead of gorilla. Just seems to work better for me.

Attachments

• eifs tape.jpg
    eifs tape.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 182

2B

if you were provided the installation, then glue to CorPlast, mount and install.

if you are making the pattern, we get the cheapest banner we can, print the pattern and go to town with it.

Rocco G

I do this quite often for channel letters, etc. Run duct tape (cheap is OK) around the perimeter of the pattern plus a few spots in the center. Go up in the bucket truck or lift and use a staple gun (3/4" long staples are better than the 1/2" ones) to apply the pattern to the wall. Put the staples into the taped sections of the pattern. Doing this will make pulling down the pattern and staples easier. Also, use SS staples because you can miss one or two. The std ones will rust in short order staining the wall. If the pattern is made with really thick paper you can even skip the duct tape.

Or use the extra wide Gorilla tape. Its about $15 a roll but worth the money. It sticks in all but the coldest weather. Just a couple weeks ago I did a 3' x 30' pattern (and that's not really that large) on eifs with this method. I know guys who have done patterns up to 100 feet long with tape. Bring a rubber mallet (or an extra roll of duct tape) and tap the tape to get a better hold to the wall.

Some guys like to start in the center of the pattern and work out from there. I prefer to start at one end and keep going. Whatever works for you is best.

I would go with the other methods (gluing to a stiff background and screwing to the wall) only if you must work in the rain or very high winds. However if it's that wet/windy I'm probably rescheduling the job.

pjfmeister

We have run the the pattern through the laminator....both sides if its really long to add more strength....different types of stucco so thumbtacks don't work very well - Gorilla brand Duct tape and lots of it then mount a letter or two on each end to help keep the pattern in place....