• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting Better at DC4sx Print Applications

garisimo

I've been struggling to find a better application method for digital prints, especially when we print on clear and apply to polycarbonate. Was flooding the print and substrate with RapicTac, then laying the print and trying to float into position -- too much tension, though. Had a revelation over the weekend when applying several panels: spray both sides of the print and roll it up, so that I am only fighting an inch or so of adhesive. Then, once the leading edge is down, squeegee in small swipes, pushing the roll forward. Results in a much better (bubble free) application. We're calling it the Fruit-Roll-Up method, up until the post informing me of the actual name for this procedure. BTW, we just got a Big Squeegee in this week, for applications other than polycarb....

Cheers All!

Last edited: