• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting our 560 this week. Any insider tips or tricks?

FactorDesign

Our (not so) trusty Epson gave up the ghost last week, but we had been researching printers for a while before hand, so making the decision to go with a 560 wasn't too difficult.
The printer should show up in the next day or two, with our installer coming out at the end of the week.

We've gone over the pre-install checklist and aside from adding more 220v outlets, I'm trying to think of anything else that would be good to prep for the printer.

Our print room is 15' x 18', housing only the 1 printer, 3d printer, RIP workstation, color viewing station, and media storage, which is currently a vertical storage rack made from 1/2" pvc sheet and the plastic roll holders that come in the shipping boxes.

For the eco-solvent printer, we have some high flow 140mm exhaust fans (2x as thick as PC ones) that helped pull some fumes into the warehouse on the other side of the wall, but I see HP suggests positive air pressure to reduce dust contamination. How necessary is this step? It seems a LOT more intensive to create a clean room type environment.

Dukenukem117

I've actually had a reseller tell me that the printer is pretty rugged and people often run it from garages and such. I'm currently doing the garage thing as we're a startup. There is a noticeable smell though, so even though its suppose to be free of fumes, you'll want ventilation. It's possible that its our material (PVC) and not the printer.

Something that it does that drives me nuts is that it won't let me rewind past a certain point. This is when I first load the media, and it would roll out about 4 feet of slack. That's like $5 of material! It's so long that it dangles past the take up roll, so I have to cut it down to make it possible to tape it. If anyone knows a solution to this, that'll be great.

particleman

That is most likely what you are printing on giving off the odor.

My best advice is just run the media out through the opening before printing. You'll eliminate any head strikes.