• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting paid.... WHAT,WHY, HUH? ....METHOD IS THIS?!?!?!

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
okay.
part of the business of being in business is making sure we get paid.
i though i have seen everything until i got an email from a customer of mine that wants ME to submit TO THEM my routing number and bank account number. the email has all kinds of links to other places on the web,
It has peoples names on it that i have never heard of before.
while this email doesn't look legit, they claim to be my customer because its the same name as my customer, i got a giant red flag in my gut when they asked FOR MY info to my bank. i was taught NEVER
EVER EVER hand this out like candy on halloween.
i fired off the email to several of my customer contacts and they are going to let me know if this is a kosher email. if it is, i am going to demand they send me a big fat check like they always do. it ain't broke,
so, don't fix it.
when did sending a check in the mail become so corrosive and back-breaking?

come on people! stop re-enventing the wheel on commerce!
-mosher

Baz

It's your shop ... You decide how you want to get paid, not the other way around.

Mosh

Or just ask them for a credit card number....wait was this for 1,000 "Jesus Loves You" banners, and the customer is taking care of the shipping???? If so then sure give out your bank information, I am sure it would be fine....

royster13

Many of my government clients pay by direct deposit....I like it because payments are mostly instant.....some are 100% this way and others will still allow the option of a cheque or credit card...If your client decides they need to pay you this way and you do not like it, you risk losing this client.....

Locals Find!

You do know your routing and bank account number are printed on every single check you write. You're no more at risk giving out that information then you are writing a check.