Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Getting rid of transformers & Ballasts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Hardware' started by Christian-Signs101, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Christian-Signs101

Christian-Signs101 New Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Houston, TX
    I have a large surplus of ballasts & transformers that are no longer being used....Does anyone have suggestions on where I could go to get rid of these other than Ebay or craigslist? Any suggestions would be great, Thanks!

Tags:
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Our scrap yard takes them if you can still read "no pcb's" on the label. We stack a 4x4 pallet until it's 2-3' tall and haul it out the the scrap yard for something like 5-10 cents a pound.

3. Christian-Signs101

Christian-Signs101 New Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Houston, TX

Where are you located?

4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Central Arkansas, in Conway. Tenenbaums is the bigger outfit, I'm pretty sure they take them, but Just Scrap It in town is where we drop ours. I think it's more like 2 cents/lb now that I'm thinking about it. Don't want everybody trying to bring their ballasts here like its a gold rush of sorts...