• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

getting rid ouf the inside of an outline

Dubs Chops

Hey guys its me again, I am posting in the newB forum this time because this is so simple i just cant remember how to do it.
I am using the Font Plok. i am making the letters Black, and i want to have a white background. I could cut the whole thing again and not weed out the inside of te letters but then i will havea cut where it meets the black and will eventually shrink come and reveal the surface. How do i cut basically just an outline of the letters but the exact size of the black that i have already cut? did i explain clear enough?

hammered

Just create the letter without the outline. Or break apart the font, highlight the part youre looking to remove and hit "delete"
Of course I may not understand you question, it has been a LONNNGGGGGG damn day.

Dubs Chops

okay the black in the picture is going to be black. but i need a white underlay that is the same sizr as the very outside of the letters.

Attachments

• plok.bmp
    959 KB · Views: 100

hammered

Sorry that was just my basic didnt know what program you were using answer. As far as Flexi, I got nuthin.

Sign_Boy

Have you tried messing with the outline functions?

Attachments

• outline.jpg
    outline.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 60

Sign_Boy

Maybe I don't get what you are trying to do, but you could create a contour cut around them or convert the text to outlines then uncompound it select what you don't want and delete it.

Did that help?

Dubs Chops

if i use the outlin i cant make it the exact same size. i want to just alter the text i already have because i am using registration marks to line everything up at the top. i dont mind laying the white over black but i will have the same problem. it will have the cutts where the middle of the letters were supposed to be weeded out. basically i need to make another set but without the center cuts. just a contour of the outside line the exact same size.

Sign_Boy

if i use the outlin i cant make it the exact same size. i want to just alter the text i already have because i am using registration marks to line everything up at the top. i dont mind laying the white over black but i will have the same problem. it will have the cutts where the middle of the letters were supposed to be weeded out. basically i need to make another set but without the center cuts. just a contour of the outside line the exact same size.

Then put a contour cut on it or uncompound the copy and delete the innards.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You can uncompound the black outline, pick the area that needs to be black and compound that, then select the area that needs to be white then compound that.... no overlaping lines or trying to be perfect with registration.