• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting shock from Maxmetal

dypinc

How are you guys dealing with eliminating getting shocked when laminating/mounting vinyl to max metal when run through the laminator?

gabagoo

I really dislike getting shocks, but I have noticed that the shock you get from Composite aluminum is a little different than your standard shock. I find that once the panel has gone through the laminator, the moment it leaves the metal base of the laminator is when you get hit while holding it and it feels like a needle ***** into your hand instead of the usual snap of a shock.

I usually just form a fist and once the material has gone through the machine I lightly pound the machine so if there is a shock it is absorbed in the light contact and you don't feel it.

wes70

Dryer sheets in hand when handling acm...especially after the acm exits the laminator, as Gabagoo stated.