• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting the step look

SlightlyChilled

I have no clue as to why this is happening. I was able to save as a tiff then print but now my curvy letters,circles and slant lines all look like crap. They all have the stair step look to them......

iSign

I have no clue as to why this is happening. I was able to save as a tiff then print but now my curvy letters,circles and slant lines all look like crap. They all have the stair step look to them......

familiar with the word "resolution" at all?

take 10 minutes of your precious time and tell us all EXACTLY what you have, what you did, wher & how you did it, what you want, and show pics of what you got...

otherwise, why will anyone want to invest their valuable time helping you? I don't have a freakin clue what the deal is & I already spent more time helping you then you spent giving the vital info needed to help you...

what program, original file type, saving or exporting process etc etc...

Last edited:

AUTO-FX

DPI.
You saved as a tiff in which program? If in flexi, did you uncheck the supress options box and give yourself the opportunity to select the DPI?

SlightlyChilled

I am using adobe illustrator cs4 I do all my work at 300 ckmy. I save a tiff at 300... Then open it in flexi and print. I have done this time after time never a problem... So Iwent back and opened the tiff file back up in Illustrator and can see the set steps and there they are mmmmm.. I was thinking a resolution thing also its just weird that out of no where this would start...

iSign

forget pixels for a second.. what size in inches did you draw it in illustrator?

what size did you print it in flexi?

SlightlyChilled

15"x15" printed the same. Something had to change on my PC I looked at some old files from the last 2 weeks and the tiff files look fine....

iSign

I am using adobe illustrator cs4 I do all my work at 300 ckmy. I save a tiff at 300...
so, let's get to the bottom of this...

I'm still not clear on what you have, where you started & what you did... but 2 things stand out so far, as reading oddly...

in illustrator you don't really "work at 300 dpi" ..I mean I do think 300 is a default when you open an illy file in photoshop, but if you are IN illustrator, what "work" are you doing? Vector work usually... unless you are bringing in raster images from somewhere else.. in which case, you need to open them in photoshop & see the image size and resolution over there (or just zoom in)

also, you said you "save a .tiff" ..do yourself a favor, learn proper terms & use proper terms... people will tire of helping people who can't tell you what they are talking about, and you can't 'save' a .tiff in illy... did you export it?

SlightlyChilled

sorry export as a tiff yes you are right and no I don't use photo shop. When I open a new document its at 300ppi raster effect in the advanced options. I have never opened a illy file in photo shop. Yes all my work is in vector forum.

I think I got it it was ID10T.....

And form doing this I think you have taught me something new I think. Here it goes this falls into some other things I have heard along my short way. Do what ever you need to do in Illy then bring to photo shop there you can re-size and keep an eye on the (ppi/dpi)