• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question GFP 255c vs Qomoolangma

Rat_Fink

I'm thinking of getting a new cold mount laminator and I have been looking into the GFP 200c and it seems to be highly recommended as a good value and solid machine.

I was also wondering if it is worth the extra cost over an import like the Qomoolangma.

I recently had the Master MVT-500 and it was a really great machine except the roller developed a shallow spot due to me often running 30" material in the center. When I did have to run 55" material, there would be an array of bubbles in the center 30" space that I usually use.

So - my main question is - would a better laminator have better roller material that might not get this raised spot in the center from running 30"? If the rollers are the same in the GFP as the imports (like the Qomoolangma), I might as well just get the import for half the cost and figure on replacing it (or the rollers) after 3-4 years.
I don't have a problem with spending over twice as much on the GFP if it will be resistant to forming the gap due to often running smaller laminate.

I do have an old Seal Image 600 that I could use but it is such overkill for my shop, I'd rather get rid of it and get something more suitable (if anyone is looking for one).

Any info would greatly be appreciated - thanks!

Last edited:

greysquirrel

seal image 600 is a terrible machine for cold lamination...it does heat and mounting just fine. It does not have crowned rollers...you can get the gap 300 series for like 5k...I'd go that route.