• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GFP 455TH Issues

diskord151

He guys and gals,

Kinda new here but i have a question...

We bought NEW a GFP 455TH Laminator and the first one(current one) the bar that the crank is attached to was bent or seemed bent, it wobbled about 1/8" to 1/4" up and down. With this the place we bought it from said oh ya not supposed to do that...they sent out a brand new same unit for us to exchange. side note:we had been having issues with prints curling at the corners once it was laminated and then after we cut a day or two later after sitting the laminate was separating from the vinyl.
ok, back to the original story...

Today the new lam shows up and we unbox it and spin the crank and BOOM the dang rod on this one wobbles like 1/4" to just over 3/8" up and down. Now after calling and going "hey , you're not going to believe this" the people we bought it from say they called GFP and said werew told from GFP that that was completely normal. This after the first one GFP said it was not normal.

Question, in the video I linked is this normal???

Sorry kind of a newbie and looking for a straight answer because I feel like we are being lied to.

Thanks Jesse

http://s223.photobucket.com/user/jesse_151_bmw/media/20140107_115934_zps6f7e9c99.mp4.html

Last edited by a moderator:

wildside

We have the same laminator and our bar that the crank is on wobbles too. Never gave it much thought. Works just fine

diskord151

We have the same laminator and our bar that the crank is on wobbles too. Never gave it much thought. Works just fine

Cool, Thanks just dont get why they would say that it was not right.

So the issue with the lam peeling up from the cut parts would be the actual laminate its self?