• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GFP laminator?

wildside

Anyone have any feedback, good or bad, on a Graphic Finishing Partners 400 Series?

My Seal is acting real funny, no problems with it in 4 years, and today nothing but problems. It acts like it is pinching harder on one side then the other, it bunches the material in the center and ruins everything going through it.

I have been messing with it all day, adjusting this and that, and nothing fixes it, driving me nuts.

As far as the GFP laminator, just checking for info on it.

Case

The GFP is a beast..... Built like a tank and runs great........They did a great job with this machine.......I have ran it a bunch and really like it......the price is good and the machine is a champ........i would recommend it to anyone.....

the take up device on the machine is great too... i suggest getting it if it is not offered standard in the deal........

Case

printarcher

GfP laminator 64"

Hello has any one delt with gfp laminators, i've seen that the build on it is good but not sure how they fare on the long run. are they reliable ?
they are reasonably priced when u compare the same with the seal or gbc.

KenAllenStudios

We just received the 55" GFP and it is working great. One of our main concerns was size. The more expensive machines with more "bells and whistles" are also larger and we would have a harder time fitting them in our studio. The GFP is mounting and laminating with no bubbles or wrinkles. I would recommend it. It came with a full day of training to from Don Bahr at Smooth Finish who gave us some practical hands on advice.

Best,
Patrick Allen
http://www.kenallenstudios.com

GP

Bumping post to the top with hopes of getting some additional feedback about this unit. We are looking at the GFP 463.

Thanks!

GP

wildside

well, i forgot about this thread.....

we did go ahead and purchase the gfp, now the seal is a coat rack.....

we love it, works good, the heat assist is more helpful than i ever imagined, so far very happy with the machine now almost a year later

GP

I didn't realize I revived a year old thread!

Sorry about that - though I am happy to receive some quality, time tested feedback!

Glad you like your purchase.

GP