• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ghost wiping

JohnBoy1972

I am printing on a JFX 500 Mimaki flat bed... when I pull the plastic off my polymetal and then I print.. I get this weird ripple effect under my images... ? any suggestions on how to remedy this..I have wiped it clean with alcohol to no avail.

Broome Signs

hi

sounds like static

if you cleen the sheet on the printer you will get more static charge in the sheet
try cleaning the sheet of the printer and use an anti static solution
also when moving the sheet use a anti stactic arm band

Superior_Adam

How "sticky" was the cover sheet? I have seen this and found that when the plastic cover sheet chatters when removing I really have to clean with a lot of alcohol. We are using 99.9% pure isopropyl.

JohnBoy1972

How "sticky" was the cover sheet? I have seen this and found that when the plastic cover sheet chatters when removing I really have to clean with a lot of alcohol. We are using 99.9% pure isopropyl.
It's on the diebond material or bebond as Nglantz calls it. Even after wiping it down with alcohol many times I still get this streaking.

JohnBoy1972

hi

sounds like static

if you cleen the sheet on the printer you will get more static charge in the sheet
try cleaning the sheet of the printer and use an anti static solution
also when moving the sheet use a anti stactic arm band
Well I'm printing on a flatbed printer so I guess I need to find some anti static solution.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try wiping it down and keep wiping til it's completely dry. Don't wipe over it and allow to air dry.

ChrisN

Are you using a digital print ACM? They typically have lower tack liners than standard ACM.

Also, try using a cardboard tube from a roll of vinyl to pull the liner off. Start pulling the liner off, attach it to the tube, and roll the tube to pull the liner off of the sheet. I've seen this tip here before, and I've been doing it this way ever since. It's much faster and easier than just pulling the liner off by hand.

bannertime

Are you using a digital print ACM? They typically have lower tack liners than standard ACM.

Also, try using a cardboard tube from a roll of vinyl to pull the liner off. Start pulling the liner off, attach it to the tube, and roll the tube to pull the liner off of the sheet. I've seen this tip here before, and I've been doing it this way ever since. It's much faster and easier than just pulling the liner off by hand.

Interesting. Never thought to try it on the liners. We use a broom handle to pull graphics off signs though. We actually switched ACM brands because the liners were annoying to pull off. Now I can go back!