• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ghosting- splattering- overspray

Ajmotofx

whatever you want to call it. I am printing some hard hat labels for on of our clients never had a problem until today when i go to print the edges of my type look blurry. never had this problem. Some call it ghosting splatter or over spray, regardless of what you want to call it i need some help i have a Roland Sc-540ex its only the cyan i put the image under a loop and it seems to me that only the cyan is causing the issue. any help would be nice i have 1500 labels to print lam and cut to ship no later than Friday and i am at a stand still..

thanks again

Adam

Jack Knight1979

i disagree on the calibration.
I get this when I have a head going or some kind of specific damper clog.

I would try a new damper and a head soak. calibrations won't hurt, but overspray is a hardware issue in my experience.

Also check the humidity levels in the room. I get over-spray and ghosting when it's too dry in the print room. But it usually affects all the colors, not just cyan. Just a thought

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I have found several things that can cause that.

1. Do a test print and see if you have any deflected nozzels.
2. Check your bi-directional calibration.
3. Unidirectional can help especially if you have really small type.
4. Our magenta head is really sensitive to static especially on banner material. It can spatter past where it supposded to stop .5" if static is bad. On long runs we spray the area around the printer with water to increase the humidity level.
5. Print at a higher dpi if you want crisper text.
6. Make sure your printer head height isn't still on high from your last banner run.

Do the easy stuff first. Good luck

Ajmotofx

Tried uni- no luck now cyan has dropped out completely I'm replacing the cap top, ink looks to be pooled on top after the pump primes the head. I just put in a service call as much as fixing the problem myself is a money saver sometimes the headache that you save is worth the money. I will let you know what the issue is thanks for all the help.

Does, anyone by chance have a service manual for an SC 540....

thanks again

Ajmotofx

well turned out to be deflection from a bad cyan print head :banghead: so now that it has been replaced its printing great.

thanks for the help