• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Giclee/canvas on HP 25550??

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
One of my guys in Florida did some on my canvas and it looked SWEEEEEET!!! I think you will like what your canvas prints look like of that bad boy for sure!

HulkSmash

Canvas prints GREAT. I had lots of problem with bleeding on my old solvents. But not this.

Josh, price on Canvas? 30 or 36"?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Latex prints aren't glicee prints. While they do satisfy the requirement to be called Art Reproduction Prints .. Glicee Prints are almost all pigment based inkjet prints ... collectors and galleries tend to get very specific on that. dye based inkjet prints will sometimes fall in that category ... but the art world still gets picky on that. I had one gallery that called my prints I had available "Art Prints" and not glicee because they were dye prints ... stupid art terms.

Freese

Had great success using Magic Media canvas, and there is a profile for it in Onyx (via profile download manager)

ProWraps

Latex prints aren't glicee prints. While they do satisfy the requirement to be called Art Reproduction Prints .. Glicee Prints are almost all pigment based inkjet prints ... collectors and galleries tend to get very specific on that. dye based inkjet prints will sometimes fall in that category ... but the art world still gets picky on that. I had one gallery that called my prints I had available "Art Prints" and not glicee because they were dye prints ... stupid art terms.

yeah kind of lame because giclee as far as i know, means nothing more than spraying ink.

but regardless, we want to do photo canvases not fine art repro so im not too worried about it.

glad to hear it looks good though. that was pretty much my last hurdle to bringing in the hps.

Glicee Prints= french for expensive high end prints that will not fade.

After 10,000 proofs because your proof is "to warm" or the "hue looks off" or the shadow around the girls neck needs 8+ of magenta out" please re proof..

Screw that market= slow dime and no dime after all in..

As a favor to me run from these as fast as you can or get $150 s/f to deal with BS....

My 2 cents....

Bly

Giclee schmeeclee.
I call em canvas or art paper prints.
I just tried some Hahnemulle watercolour paper and it printed fine.

RobbyMac

We did some tests on magic media, hp and fredrix canvas.
Fredrix beat the others hands down.
Had issues with 'pinholing' of sorts on deep blacks with the hp and magic media stuff.

signswi

Art market doesn't really use the term giclee much anymore, it's really out of favor. Specifically describing the process has been in vogue for a few years now instead.

I wouldn't use a L25500 for fine art but it's okay for the "art hobby on the side" crowd or the "I want my kid's picture on canvas" crowd and prints just fine on canvas. Museo has profiles for several of their art grade papers for the L25500 as well.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I personally hate the term Glicee ... bunch of flouncing nelly terminology to sound fancy and artistic for a reproduction process. It only adds value to the print because it cost so bloody much to produce. (spot color corrections, test prints for quality, material documentation, and documents of authenticity and verification of a limited print run, etc) ... no thank you, I will stick to my HP designjet doing nice Art Prints instead.

Suz

Glicee Prints= french for expensive high end prints that will not fade.

Screw that market= slow dime and no dime after all in..

I agree! Not going to mess with that stuff myself. I will do my own art prints and print for Artist friends, but the picky ones will have to go get "giclee" elsewhere. Ooops, did I spell it right? Did I say it right? Haha!

Suz

anyone done it yet? if so, how did it turn out?

I can't wait to reproduce some of my paintings on Canvas. Also, will be fun to reproduce some of the old masters paintings, the public domain ones. Then do a little acrylic brush stroke work over the top for texture. Fun!