• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gimme that thang!!!!!! apple keynote in progress!!!

GypsyGraphics

Last edited:

veloxgraphics

I'm with Mosh on this one... Wait till V2... It will have more memory, a camera, longer battery life, and more appz will be available by then too.

Circleville Signs

I'm with you Gypsy. I will probably buy one (the 16gb) in the next week or two - because I'm a dork like that :)

That, and this thing looks SICK, and will make me very popular with my kids for a while :)

Gary

tanneji

Totally useless for me ... cant print, multitask, design etc ... if it actually had mac os or was good for something other than web browsing or making nifty photo slideshows I would be on board

animenick65

I'm excited for it, especially at that price point. Its lack of camera and some other features are most likely due to their price point target.

I'm interested in its use in viewing comic books. Could help usher in a new age of digital comics.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If I was looking for a netbook, and if it can run Serato Scratch Live then maybe... was disappointed that they did not announce an I-Phone for Verizon.... AT&T sucks in this one horse town...

jjwstar

my gosh!!! i dont need one. my toshiba laptop can do all my browsing & graphics, while my htc touchpro2 makes all the call & surf the net. i will never ever get one!!

briankb

Premium Subscriber
it's ugly. unlike most of their products.

doesn't have a single USB or HDMI port without a dongle... do you like dongles? I've already lost the one for my Macbook to convert the mini DVI port.

no camera.

and above all it doesn't have MULTItasking or Flash support in Safari. It's basically a big ass iPod Touch.

like many I want it but I'll hold out for v2.0. I still have an iPod Touch 1st generation but v2 had speakers and a mic...

the iPad v2.0 will probably be released in 6months, yes I know v1 isn't going to be released for a few months. but this is the apple game.

Doyle

no multitasking is STUPID! There is NO wow factor in this thing, besides being really thin with a nice display. Great battery life is probably relative to the fact that it can't multi-task. This thing doesn't even come close to my Motion Computing LE1700, which is close to the same size but runs Vista and is a full-blown computer(with awesome handwriting recognition and drawing capabilities). Microsoft has a great setup for tablet pc's integrated into Vista and Windows 7, manufacturers just have not yet taken advantage of it, and I think is far superior to this giant ipod..... but apple will make millions on it because of their position in the market and properly promoting their products...

unimpressed :Sleeping:

Doyle

a new one costs around $2k, but a lightly used unit goes for around $700-$900 depending on options.

If this iPad goes well for Apple, we will see a slew of new tablets come from all of the pc manufacturers shortly