Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give me your opinion

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Mike Schwin, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Mike Schwin

Mike Schwin Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Hello All,

I am looking for some opinions on a couple packages I am looking at purchasing. Both of the packages I am looking at have “mostly” what I am looking for. I have been doing some research (here and in other places) Does anyone have any other suggestions about “Packages” or merchants that might have other/different packages available?

From Fellers website for about 29K you get …

Mutoh ValueJet 1304 54" Printer
    Seal 54" Base Laminator
    Graphtec FC8000-130 54" Plotter
    Extras…
    Mutoh CMYK Inks 220ml (2 sets)
    Mutoh Cleaning Cartridges (qty 4)
    Mutoh Maintenance Cleaning Kit
    Wasatch RIP - FELLERS Edition
    Free Installation & Training
    Media Starter Kits from 3M, Avery, Oracal, Clear Focus, R Tape, and Fellers
    Free 2nd Year Warranty on ValueJet 1304 (good through 3/31/09)

From SignWharehouse.com (most recent catalog) about the same price…
    Same printer= Mutoh ValueJet 1304 54" Printer
    Cutter/plotter= Vinyl Express Q130 54”
    Laminator= enduralam® Cold Laminator 53 inch
    Extras…
    FlexiSIGN-PRO
    Car'nTruck - Pro Vehicle Outlines 3D
    1 Year Online Club with updates to Car'nTruck 3D, plus free downloads of wrap designs
    50% OFF Wrap Academy Coupon (chances are I’ll never get to Texas or Kentucky which is were the classes are held)
    $1,000 SignWarehouse.com Credit

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Mike,

Of the 2 packages you've listed here I think the first one is a bit better, however I do recommend that you

find a local dealer of this equipment in your area and try to promote a better deal for yourself, with better local service.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Good sound advice there, Rep.

4. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

Reps right! service is key. Make sure who ever you buy from can get a quality technician to your place quickly. If your equipment goes down, you are dead in the water and not making money.

5. luggnut

luggnut Very Active Member

if you have a lot of experience... either of those packages would be cool. but if you don't you are gonna need a lot of support and someone more local with local service would be better.
    does the fellers package only come with the wasatch rip and if so will it run your cutter? if not you will need flexi or something like it or a plugin for adobe corel yada yada yada
    i have the older signwarehouse package and it works fine for me, but i had already been working in the sign biz for almost 20 years... their cutter is a rebranded graphtec with signwarehouse firmware and the laminator is a dingtec from china.