• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Give me your opinion

Mike Schwin

Hello All,

I am looking for some opinions on a couple packages I am looking at purchasing. Both of the packages I am looking at have “mostly” what I am looking for. I have been doing some research (here and in other places) Does anyone have any other suggestions about “Packages” or merchants that might have other/different packages available?

From Fellers website for about 29K you get …

Mutoh ValueJet 1304 54" Printer
Seal 54" Base Laminator
Graphtec FC8000-130 54" Plotter
Extras…
Mutoh CMYK Inks 220ml (2 sets)
Mutoh Cleaning Cartridges (qty 4)
Mutoh Maintenance Cleaning Kit
Wasatch RIP - FELLERS Edition
Free Installation & Training
Media Starter Kits from 3M, Avery, Oracal, Clear Focus, R Tape, and Fellers
Free 2nd Year Warranty on ValueJet 1304 (good through 3/31/09)

From SignWharehouse.com (most recent catalog) about the same price…
Same printer= Mutoh ValueJet 1304 54" Printer
Cutter/plotter= Vinyl Express Q130 54”
Laminator= enduralam® Cold Laminator 53 inch
Extras…
FlexiSIGN-PRO
Car'nTruck - Pro Vehicle Outlines 3D
1 Year Online Club with updates to Car'nTruck 3D, plus free downloads of wrap designs
50% OFF Wrap Academy Coupon (chances are I’ll never get to Texas or Kentucky which is were the classes are held)
$1,000 SignWarehouse.com Credit

Replicator

Mike,

Of the 2 packages you've listed here I think the first one is a bit better, however I do recommend that you

find a local dealer of this equipment in your area and try to promote a better deal for yourself, with better local service.

Joe Diaz

Reps right! service is key. Make sure who ever you buy from can get a quality technician to your place quickly. If your equipment goes down, you are dead in the water and not making money.

luggnut

if you have a lot of experience... either of those packages would be cool. but if you don't you are gonna need a lot of support and someone more local with local service would be better.
does the fellers package only come with the wasatch rip and if so will it run your cutter? if not you will need flexi or something like it or a plugin for adobe corel yada yada yada
i have the older signwarehouse package and it works fine for me, but i had already been working in the sign biz for almost 20 years... their cutter is a rebranded graphtec with signwarehouse firmware and the laminator is a dingtec from china.