• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glass Etching

gunlocators

Ok I am thinking about etching glass shot glasses mugs ect an dplan buying a blast cabinet. Ok if I cut vinyl weed and stick on the glass lets say a logo what type vinyl could i blast? What blast media is recommended

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
I use Oracal Paint Mask, It's heavy enough to withstand the blast and comes off easily

gunlocators

Thanks fo all the help used oracle 641 vinyl and did about 6 glasses today 1 was with etching creme had to apply 2 times still did not like the look so i bought a blast cabinet hooked it to my compressor and dust collector and finished other 5 pieces.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• gun 1.jpg
    gun 1.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 117
  • gun 2.jpg
    gun 2.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 130
  • gun 3.jpg
    gun 3.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 130
  • gun 4.jpg
    gun 4.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:

G-Artist

Spend a few minutes at:
http://www.etch-o-matic.biz/

It will give you some good ideas.

I am not saying go with them. But use their principles / ideas and your own equipment.

Actually, you could easily spend an hour at that site going through all the pages and videos.
Steal the ideas.

G-Artist

The unit is cheap but you could make your own for pennies. They spec out the bulb they
use so matching it isn't a problem. Or you could buy pre-made stencils from them with your
design(s) on it.

Their sign material is pretty hefty $ ordering from them. I am curious as to what it is? Look
closely and you will see the 3M logo on the back so I am thinking it is a 3M product.

I am interested in their pseudo screen print / etching material as it would an excellent air
brush mask for fine work. I could do a "Kilroy was here" all over my neighborhood...lol!!