• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glass for top of work table?

threads1

Well in case you're interested..........I could not find any used 4' x 8' glass anywhere and I'm ready to get the tables built so I ordered 2 pieces of 1/2" 4' x 8' tempered with polished edges @ $337.16 each.....whew that's expensive.

Sticky Signs

I got a piece of 4x8 x1/4" tempered glass. It's been here for years. Long before me. It does have scratches but they're no big deal. I've dropped stuff on it, stood on it and done all kinds of other things to it. It works great. I've been told that stainless steel blades don't scratch glass. I don't believe that. In my experience, a brand new blade will be sharp enough to cut the glass until it dulls down a bit. Once a little dull, you're good to go.

d fleming

Topped my tables with galvanized metal over 10 years ago, still rockin and I can use magnets to hold things on the table.

RMXGRAPHIX

used and old glass door from a sliding patio door ..if you have a Habitat’s ReStore < google it.... you should be able to find one for about $20.00

ddubia

I worked in a glass shop for 11 years. When we took out a bad patio slider we slid it into the dumpster and blew it up with a sharp rap on the edge. No one ever asked for one, but we'd have gladly set it aside and it would be there for the taking.