• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glass Light Table for Large Format Graphics 6'x10'

phototec

Does anyone use a light table as a production table, or just plain solid wood top tables in your shop? I'm getting ready to build a large production table and found this table on ebay, got me thinking about making one similar, or at least make one end of it with a glass top and lights below.

I'm just starting out, it will be my first production table, 5' x 10', I read a few threads on here about production tables, but was really disappointed there was not more information, like plans and photos.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Glass-Light-Tab...ms=65:3|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, plpease post photos of your favorite production table.
Thanks.

astro8

We have a 6' x 12' production table with a Rhino mat top and also a smaller 6' x 4' light table. You'd think it'd be easier to weed on the light table but it's not really the case, I find it harder from the glare. It's great for checking backlight prints and sometimes indispensable for aligning some stuff up.

We were thinking of building a 6' x 12' light table but I'd think it would sit there with the lights off 95% of the time...and someone would put a neon transformer through the glass on a weekly basis. so just sticking with what we have.

Our production table looks similiar to the one in your link with a timber top, rhino mat and an Applikator at one end for mounting prints to dibond, acrylic and boards.