Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glass Light Table for Large Format Graphics 6'x10'

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by phototec, Jan 4, 2010.

1. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Does anyone use a light table as a production table, or just plain solid wood top tables in your shop? I'm getting ready to build a large production table and found this table on ebay, got me thinking about making one similar, or at least make one end of it with a glass top and lights below.

I'm just starting out, it will be my first production table, 5' x 10', I read a few threads on here about production tables, but was really disappointed there was not more information, like plans and photos.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Glass-Light-Tab...ms=65:3|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, plpease post photos of your favorite production table.
    Thanks.

Tags:
  2. astro8

astro8 Active Member

May 23, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    We have a 6' x 12' production table with a Rhino mat top and also a smaller 6' x 4' light table. You'd think it'd be easier to weed on the light table but it's not really the case, I find it harder from the glare. It's great for checking backlight prints and sometimes indispensable for aligning some stuff up.

We were thinking of building a 6' x 12' light table but I'd think it would sit there with the lights off 95% of the time...and someone would put a neon transformer through the glass on a weekly basis. so just sticking with what we have.

Our production table looks similiar to the one in your link with a timber top, rhino mat and an Applikator at one end for mounting prints to dibond, acrylic and boards.