• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glass printing problem

arvindrlaxman

We had printed picture with white ink on an extra clear glass ! We had used a coating for the same. after letting it cure for 12 hours. A strong layer of the print just detached itself and we were able to remove the print in one go. Need suggestions. facing a hard time !

RyanFelty

I know with our flatbed the inks...especially white do not adhere to glass well at all. Do you use any sort of adhesion promoter?

arvindrlaxman

I know with our flatbed the inks...especially white do not adhere to glass well at all. Do you use any sort of adhesion promoter?

We do use adhesion promoters ! Company says white needs 12 hours curing ! Still, it has not been adhered properly... There's no proper solution for the printing yet.. Some days it gets adhered properly...some days it doesn't...

RyanFelty

Gotcha...the only other thing I could think of would be to turn up your lamp power? I had to do this to compensate for my lamps starting to wear out. Good luck I hope you get it figured out!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Find someone who can turn 3M Primer 94 into an aerosol for you... spray that onto the glass and let dry for 30 minutes.
Works quite well for Océ adhesion onto glass.