• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glitch?

Colin

When I receive an "instant email notification" for someone's new post on a thread, it doesn't take me to the new post, but much earlier back in the thread. If the thread is more than one page long, it will take me to a page back, not the last one.

Any fix to this?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
My understanding is that it will take you to the last post the forum software sees as unread based on your browser cookies. Since that is a function of your browser settings, you might want to have a look there. Other than that, if you are periodically clicking on the "mark all posts as read" command, then later following a link from the subscription notification, the cookie would not have a valid unread post in the thread and could end up anywhere.

Colin

My understanding is that it will take you to the last post the forum software sees as unread based on your browser cookies. Since that is a function of your browser settings, you might want to have a look there.

I always have 'em on, and at Medium setting.

Other than that, if you are periodically clicking on the "mark all posts as read" command, then later following a link from the subscription notification, the cookie would not have a valid unread post in the thread and could end up anywhere.

Nope, never done that.

I think it only happens on some threads and not others. shrug