• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gloss Black Wrap Vinyl...?

okeesignguy

We have a Roland printer and we do wraps but I have never used the wrap vinyl that comes in colors and ready to go...
I need to do some hood graphics as well as some on a jet ski in solid, glossy black and want to use it instead of printing my own...
I have a couple questions...
Do you have to laminate that stuff or is it ready to go without laminating...?
Where is the best place to buy it in small amounts...? How much I need is going to depend on how wide the roll is but it is not a lot...
Thanx for any advise! :)

lexsigns

I have used the Oracal 970RA and LOVE it!! takes a little getting used to, its thick but it looks just like paint and has held up great on a fleet we did last year.
Thing about it we found was post heating as opposed to preheating- Did have to buy a large quantity but needed it so check with your suppliers. and it has built in lam like someone already mentioned

chaz design

Avery all the way. Its easy to apply and cheaper than other brands. You cant go wrong with the gloss black from avery super cast.

lexsigns

Avery all the way. Its easy to apply and cheaper than other brands. You cant go wrong with the gloss black from avery super cast.

..... unless of course avery has a another adhesive problem and then never tells you and wont stand behind anything they make if your just a little guy- you end up having to remove it all and do it again for free, damage your reputation and waste plenty of time -is it really worth saving the money??? where is the savings in that???
Trust me the small savings is not really a savings in the long run. Dont find out the hard way like I did

worthy1

where is the savings in that???

Although i feel for your issue, i wouldnt exactly call Avery a cheap vinyl in the way its made or its quality. I know they have done independent testing to prove it is the better vehicle wrapping film (who knows how the tests were really done). The time saved in its ease of application is enough of a benefit.

I know this was covered in another thread about warranties, that i think you will find that no matter who the company is, when it comes to getting out of an warranty claim they will do whatever they can, find it hard to believe 3M, Oracle etc have never had an issue as well.

+1 for you cant go wrong with Avery. 3M also. Why not grab a length of both, even Oracle, and have a play to see which you find the best to use. At the end of the day, you will be the one working with it so you want one that you like.