Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gloves for Installers Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Texas_Signmaker, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Are there any "high dexterity" gloves any of you would recommend for use in the field? I've been using some from Home Depot that are fine, but there is an unlimited number of glove options and I'm curious if there is type that you all find great.

Tags:
  2. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
  3. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I used to use Mechanix but a buddy of mine, who works at the local Chrysler plant, gave me a pair of the Northstars they use and I much prefer them.

https://www.amazon.com/Northstar-Tactigrip-General-Purpose-Polymer/dp/B07HMWFC46

They don't offer too much in the realm of protection, but the dexterity and grip are great, I often install murals and window perf with them on. Plus they're very cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Thanks you all, I'll check those out. Those Harbor Freight ones are crazy cheap!

5. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    I like nitrile coated gloves, similar to that second harbor freight link. We get packs at home depot. Theyre thin, have some grip and breath good. Great for painting.