• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Glow in the dark or reflective signs

Charlie Bucket

Good day everyone. Can anyone lead me to a company that prints glow in the dark and reflective signs? I'm looking for yard signs and 4'x6' boards.
Thanks - Charlie.

frankzilla

Just FYI, glow-in-the-dark material is only supposed to last a few years at most in general. So, it would be temporary even if someone does chime in on being able to print glow in the dark (I've had a request before as well).

Reflective signs can be printed by anyone with a printer, just need reflective vinyl material.

I have an Epson R5070 Resin printer so the reflective material does not need to be laminated if you need it since the reflective material is already super thick. The only issue is, how much do you need to justify ordering an entire roll or partial rolls. The material is as expensive as it can get for materials.

Thanks and good luck!

Inks

For phosphorescent signs to be effective, they need to be in an environment where they capture light in the daytime and where it is dark with no light interference at night. Not very good outdoors due to outdoor lighting and the moon. Also the brightness begins to deteriorate after a few hours. Phosphorescent should last about 10 years depending on the substrate and if screen printed through a course mesh.