• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GMI Vinyl?

showcase 66

Just got off the phone with one of our vendors which I usually get my arlon vinyl from and he was telling me that they were getting away from the arlon and switching over to GMI vinyl. Has anyone used this stuff before.

I'd stay away from it unless it has changed considerably. We used to use it for short term auction signage on 10 mm coro. When it was time to change the copy, we could soak the vinyl with a water hose and it would literally fall off the signs by itself without a trace of adhesive.

showcase 66

They are sending me some to try out but I really am not sure about it. I just saw that GMI and Avery merged. Merging with avery doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the product either.

J

john1

I have a tiny bit of GMI cast CALENDERED vinyl and it works pretty damn good. You can't really tell it from real cast. I got it at a sign show at the GMI booth

OldPaint

need to read it before you make an assumption !!!!!!!!
As new master distributor, GMI will immediately offer a range of Avery Graphics cast and calendered
now thats got nothing to do with WHO IS PRODUCING GMI LABLED PRODUCT!!!!!