• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Go big or stay home?

Gene@mpls

Just what I did- successful business is worth [compared to the money and time invested] very little, property is worth a ton.

equippaint

I agree on the property which is our plan here too. I don't count on the business being worth much of anything, if it is great but once my mind is made up that I'm going to retire there wont be anyone that will come along fast enough to buy it before I quit and call in the auctioneer.

FatCat

I don't know about "going big" as I don't feel like a big shop, but I do lease our building and have 3 employees - would very much like to own my own building but its just too cost prohibitive right now. I think if I was doing everything myself and didn't have employees I would stay at home if I had access to a building (which I don't) to keep overhead low. That said, I have seen friends and family running businesses out of their home and I don't think I could deal with it. My home is my "safe zone" to get away from work. Sure as hell don't want customers dropping by, catching me when I'm trying to relax and forget about work. I have enough of them blowing up my personal cell phone with "emergencies" at 9PM and I can't stand that...so no thanks.