• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Go figure this customer........

Mikeifg

I had been working on a wrap job for a customer who had heard we do trailer wraps. He had an old trailer with painted over graphics he wanted removed and then this would leave an paint edge that would be sanded down. No problem we've done that before. Mind you this is a 53' moving trailer and he pulls tractors. We do alot of race teams around indy and our expertise in this area is well known. Well long story short he had a buddy who has his trailer wraped and it cost him 10g's now with the removal on his unit and being slow I gave him a great price of 6500. Well this guy thought it was too high the economy bla bla... Well the other day I'm doing work for a company who tells me about this guy who they had some graphics company come in and wrap his trailer This local company didn't even measure the trailer right was 2 panels short, the color didn't even match what the customer wanted and his old decal outlines were still on the trailer. I guess the guy was pissed at this company and stoped payment on their check. Long story but the kicker they did this for THE SAME PRICE AS I QUOTED? I can't stand customers like this let alone a graphic company that has no business doing wraps and kills it for the rest of us. I'm going to stop by this customers place with my quote and portfolio again to show him he should have stuck with a company that knows their stuff...

What would you do?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
call him and ask him if he was planning on getting this job done. tell him your really slow and you'll knock off $500....

pointjockey

I would have never agreed to do a 53 ft trailer for $6500 no matter how slow. I know it's tough in this economy, but people actually do pay for quality work.
Our shop currently has quoted over $100K for DEC. We have closed a little over 36K and should be able to nail down at least 50K more by the end of the month.

I did lose a car wrap two weeks ago. A few days later the guy calls back to tell me that I was $900 too high. Last Friday the guy calls back and says that he had his car wrapped, but wanted us to take a look at "some areas the were peeling". After taking a look at the CHEAP-O WRAP one can tell what quality materials do for a job. So the guys tells us he is going to do a charge back on his CC payment and wants us to wrap the car. I declined the job and told him I don't do business that way.

Long story short, the guy will do a charge back, The guy who did the wrap stands a good chance of losing his ass on the.

I've been picking and choosing my customers for 20 years in several industries and I'm not about to stop even in a poor economy.

WB

Man.. tha sucks. .. I've had many people say I was to over priced and then run to someone else.. I've done call-backs to customers just to have them tell me they found some guy in his basement that can do it for less just to end up seeing the customer drive by a bad vinly cut job or wrikles everywhere on the "1/2 wrap"

People are cheap. I mean you can go to a small electronics store and look at a 50" HDTV for $3000 but chances you end up at Wal-Mart buying 36" crap brand for $800 are they the same!!!??