• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Going on Vacation... procedure?

Tim Aucoin

My SP540V will be up and running this morning, I have a few jobs to run by Friday, then I'm off on vacation (somewhere warm!!) on Saturday until the 5th of January. I'm new to solvent and am looking for advice as to what needs to be done to the printer prior to leaving it idle for two weeks. I'm sure that the guys coming in this morning to train me will have their opinion, but I though those of you with this printer may have better (wiser) advice for me. Thanks in advance!:thankyou:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Max inks?
I've gone away for almost two weeks on a couple occasions and the first test print out of the machine was flawless when I returned. I wouldn't push it farther than that. Give it a thorough manual cleaning and make sure you leave the power button on the side of the machine on so the printer does it's sleep cleanings. The power button on the side should never be turned off. Always use the one on the front of the printer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb: Have fun............ and the printer will still be there when you get back. Run a clean cycle when you get back and a few samples or something..... shouldn't be much of a problem. If it is..... it's brand-spanking new and should be covered under the warranty. :rolleyes: