Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going on Vacation... procedure?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Tim Aucoin, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

My SP540V will be up and running this morning, I have a few jobs to run by Friday, then I'm off on vacation (somewhere warm!!) on Saturday until the 5th of January. I'm new to solvent and am looking for advice as to what needs to be done to the printer prior to leaving it idle for two weeks. I'm sure that the guys coming in this morning to train me will have their opinion, but I though those of you with this printer may have better (wiser) advice for me. Thanks in advance!:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Max inks?
    I've gone away for almost two weeks on a couple occasions and the first test print out of the machine was flawless when I returned. I wouldn't push it farther than that. Give it a thorough manual cleaning and make sure you leave the power button on the side of the machine on so the printer does it's sleep cleanings. The power button on the side should never be turned off. Always use the one on the front of the printer.

3. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

:thankyou: Thanks for the advice... it is well appreciated!

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :thumb: Have fun............ and the printer will still be there when you get back. Run a clean cycle when you get back and a few samples or something..... shouldn't be much of a problem. If it is..... it's brand-spanking new and should be covered under the warranty. :rolleyes: