• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Going to Chicago soon- hotdogs???

AUTO-FX

Hey everybody, I start a new job tomorrow with Allstate Insurance Co.
I'm going back to the autobody world, and I've landed a job as an auto adjuster. Signs and lettering will continue to be my passion, part time.
Anyway, the corporate headquarters are in Northbrook, and i'll be sent there for brainwashing for 2 weeks. I've heard Chicago has great hotdog joints, and I'm looking forward to some great dawgs! Anyone have any recommendations? Favorite places? Favorite dawg combos???

GypsyGraphics

Chris, you just gotta get a char-dog chicago style from downtown dogs!!!

Downtown Dogs
804 North Rush Street
(near E. Pearson St., across from Loyola University)

312-951-5141

p.s. i sure hope you negotiated with All State, for extended S101 breaks
and still plan to meet up with the late night crew in the "after hours" forum!!!!
please tell me your not gonna turn into one of those 9-5 guys that has to be in bed by 10pm!?!?!?!?

"Deposit Please"

Hmmm, so many choices. Fat johnie's famous red hots, Paradise pup, Portillos and last but definitely not least Gene and Judes red hot stand voted best hot dogs in the nation. This list should quench your hunger for a chicago dog. You should go for pizza and italian beef too.

AUTO-FX

and still plan to meet up with the late night crew in the "after hours" forum!!!!
please tell me your not gonna turn into one of those 9-5 guys that has to be in bed by 10pm!?!?!?!?

Oh absolutely i will still be around! I'm already having anxiety about missing too much around here ! This place has meant an aweful lot to me the last 10 months....and all those days I couldnt work because of my shoulder - I dont know what I'd have done without you guys. Kept me feeling like I belonged somewhere!

CES020

You have an obligation to eat a hotdog at Wrigley Field. If you don't do that, then you are missing a lifetime memory! Chicago is an amazing city. Got to do the pizza and for tourist reasons, consider Bubba Gumps Shrimp Company at Navy Pier.

Have fun and eat!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya can still come by this summer for a visit if you want.................. :Welcome:

Jillbeans

Our local PBS station produces a lot of really good documentaries.
http://www.wqed.org/tv/sebak/hotdogs/hd_story.php
This one makes you just about die from wanting a hot dog.
Our hot doggery closed about 5 years ago, life hasn't been the same around here since. Even if it was a ratty looking place with a shady reputation, it had the best hot dogs ever.
Enjoy your trip!
Love.....Jill

shakey0818

Chris, you just gotta get a char-dog chicago style from downtown dogs!!!

Downtown Dogs
804 North Rush Street
(near E. Pearson St., across from Loyola University)

312-951-5141

Who in their right mind is in bed by 10?Don't they all the action happens after midnight.Good luck in your new venture.It has been a pleasure to read your posts and to get to know you.ty

AUTO-FX

Thanks for the suggestions and kind words. I think I'll spend the weekend in between brainwashing <oops! i mean training> eating all over Chicago! Someone once told me their pizza is entirely different from new york style pizza?

"Deposit Please"

Chicago's style is deep-dish, but i like thin too. Uno's is yum and Lou Malnati's is yummier :thumb:...and a nice cold :beer: to wash it down. You should try catching a cubs game at wrigley...it's priceless. have a safe trip here, count me in for anything.

"Deposit Please"

Super Dawg :thumb: especially now that it's getting warmer out. I was just in that area last week, but went across the street to dunkin dotheads for a coffee.... It was morning