• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Going to try to fix a Colorspan........

A buddy from another sign shop (2 hours away..) contacted me and wants to pay me very well to come try to fix his Colorspan. Long story short my young family has had a rough beginning to the year and this would really help out.

I know from my short experience with Colorspans that I should have told my friend to trash it and buy anything else to replace it, if only for the ink monopoly you have to subscribe to...

On that note..this is what he sent me.

"The grays on the machine are coming out green, and we keep getting codes when you start the job 100002 and 100006 it seems to alternate between the 2. Stan got a tech on the phone and he said to clean the clear strip that the machine tracks on but it did not work.

If it sits for a couple days it takes awhile to get it going you can plan on it to error out at least 6 times before it will print. When it errors I run the prime bars and it will come out all wonky the first 2 times then if you get it to print 2 good prime bars it will usually print your job."

I'm going to give it a decent effort...hopefully you guys can give me a head start.

They are running onyx and/or Flexi

I'm thinking the grays could be a profile thing...anyone have any profiles they could email me?
as I doubt my employer is going to let me borrow the i1pro 2 bundle to help another sign company.

I'm going to have to look up those error codes.

I'm sure the heads are pretty clogged too.

Any other thoughts? :U Rock: