• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold leaf question

Ned

I hate to ask a redundant question (used search, came up blank) but has anyone here used leaf from Golden Leaf Products? Their current price is u nder $600.00/pack--tempting, but I don't know the company.

:thankyou:

Ned

Si Allen

Before you buy a pack, buy a book and try it.

Remember ... the price of gold leaf is a very small part of the total price for the job.

If you are worried about the price of gold leaf ... you are not charging enough for your work!

fresh

hi, i'm new to this site, mostly to improve my gold leafing skillz... call up Golden Leaf Products, they will send you a sample. I had a big gold leaf job a few months ago and was shopping around and called them because their prices seemed too good to be true. The sales guy shipped me a few leaves for free.

That said, we ordered a box of patent from "The Gold Leaf Company". It looks good to me, but I'm a novice, and it takes some pressure to get it off the backing paper. When we run out (hopefully soon!) I'm going to order a few books from Golden Leaf to see which works better for me.

skysdalimit

hi, i'm new to this site, mostly to improve my gold leafing skillz... call up Golden Leaf Products, they will send you a sample. I had a big gold leaf job a few months ago and was shopping around and called them because their prices seemed too good to be true. The sales guy shipped me a few leaves for free.

That said, we ordered a box of patent from "The Gold Leaf Company". It looks good to me, but I'm a novice, and it takes some pressure to get it off the backing paper. When we run out (hopefully soon!) I'm going to order a few books from Golden Leaf to see which works better for me.

I've tried both and they are comprable. Monarch from Sepp Leaf is superior to both, but the price reflects it.

Ned

Hi Skysdalimit, thanks for your answer. I actually went with the Gold Leaf Co.. I bought a pack of loose double gold, and found it to be pretty good. I'll buy from them again