• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gold medal hockey yesterday...

Marlene

what a great game!!!! I watched with Canadian hubby so it was even more fun as we cheered on our countries. I really wanted to see the USA win, of course, but congrats to the Canadians for the win!!!! it was a game well played by all involved.

TheSellOut

Yes it was a GREAT Game and congrats to Canada! A lot of us (Signs101'ers) were watching...check out the post "Thank You Canada"

Tim Aucoin

Thanks for the congrats Marlene... it was an excellent game! It was exciting to see it go to overtime and I was glad to see a Calgary Flame (Jarome) assist the winning goal! :clapping:

Congrats to all the amazing American athletes on winning the most medals ever at a Winter Olympics! Congrats also to our Canadian athletes for the Gold medal records set!

I'm excited we won the game, but I'm disappointed at our local news & media here today. The hockey game is overshadowing the efforts of all the other athletes. Hockey is just ONE sport... Let's not forget the amazing triumphs that took place...

Like the Slovenian cross-country skier Petra Majdichttp://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=2046/index.html who had four broken ribs and a collapsed lung when she won a bronze, injuries that will keep her out for the rest of the season. Majdic crashed during training before the individual classical sprint Wednesday, falling on a sharp curve and tumbling off the course, then sliding on her back down a three-meter slope and onto some rocks.

Canada & US winning Gold & Silver in Ice Dance... keeping Russia from winning a gold medal for the first time since 1960!!

And then there's Joannie Rochette winning the bronze medal in figure skating just days after losing her mother who had a heart attack shortly after arriving in Vancouver to watch her daughter skate...

These kind of stories are what the Olympics are all about... not just hockey!!!

Marlene

These kind of stories are what the Olympics are all about... not just hockey!!!

very true, but I love hockey and to have both our teams in the finals was exciting and great fun to watch. the other sports are great too but less fan based sports like cross country skiing do kind of get lost in the news when they are up against fan based sports like hockey. the other sports don't get to shine very often and it's great that there is the Olypics where they get their chance. Joannie Rochette made me bawl like a baby. to think that she was able to skate after her mom just died was amazing.

:Canada 2: great game and congrats!

gabagoo

I am always a little lost after any Olympic Games.

Watching sporting events every night for over 2 weeks is a rush.

Now I am stuck watching the pitiful Leafs!!! lol Oh and my beloved golf hehe

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hockey? One of the few things more boring that hockey is soccer. Any game where people play for endless hours and the score is something like 1 to 0 is somewhat less than thrilling.

Marlene

Hockey? One of the few things more boring that hockey is soccer. Any game where people play for endless hours and the score is something like 1 to 0 is somewhat less than thrilling.

wrong, the most boring is tied between curling and golf

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
wrong, the most boring is tied between curling and golf

True but curling is a sport only because someone called it a sport, sort of like the little girls twirling toilet paper streamers and synchronized swimming, and golf is played against one's self, not watched.

Hockey and soccer are actual team sports. Incredibly boring but team sports nonetheless.

signmeup

Many sports are boring to watch. Most sports are fun to do though. I thought it was an exciting game and I'm not a "sports watching" fan or a hockey fan. Team sports in general don't interest me much. Still.... it was a great match up.

DOGraphics

but

Congrats on the win to Canada

I can't edit my posts for some reason as of late.
It's not just this forum but all I frequent.

Any one have any idea why. I've check what settings
I thought it might be.

Marlene

golf is played against one's self, not watched

ever hear of Tiger Woods? plenty of people watch golf and for the life of me, I can't understand that any more than people watching people play poker. just as well watch paint dry.

hockey is fast paced and there isn't a lot of standing around talking like in football. it's hard enough to even walk on ice but these guys move around like crazy. goalies have to be so alert as these guys are moving like crazy and the puck is too. it's a fun sport to watch. I have spent many enjoyable times up in Montreal cheering them on as they are my favorites. I was bummed when Roy went to Colorado and that's when my daughter and I split on our teams as she stayed loyal to her goalie and becaome an Avalanche fan and I stayed with the Habs. I had a cat named "Habs" and she had hers named "Avalanche". I also had my ferret named Patrick Roy and figured that was good enough. so you see hockey runs deep in my family.

Baz

Awesome game!!!! It was great to watch and the whole olympic games were great also!!:thumb:

Bob ... You obviously are talking about something you don't know! Must be something up you're a$$ today.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well bob, you do have a point. I love baseball, but I don't enjoy listening or watching a pitchers' duel. 1 - 0. Not enough happening.

I guess in any of these sports.... its the team playing and people working together with plays and strategies that go beyond most peoples' imaginations. Sure, games have become very scientific, but the possibilities of plays being broken up or balls dodged and curling [whatever those things are called].... there is a certain amount of training and trust each and every player puts into his/her sport.

To claim any sport is worthless or useless... is just like someone saying... all you do is push a button and 'presto'...... you have a sign. One's ignorance of a sport or profession should not enter into such a claim or mocking if they aren't fully knowledgeable on the subject.

Sometimes, not understanding something makes us look like fools in things we say or do...........:covereyes:

Jim Doggett

Congrats to all Canadians, many of whom are my very close friends (one intimate). My Yankee pride was briused a bit. But Canada deserves its due, especially since hockey is such a great sport in Canada.

Now on to the World Cup: Go Brazil!!!! (Unless the US makes it to the Cup Final :^)

Jillbeans

I loved it, glad it got tied up, and I thought it had a dream ending.
And I am also equally thrilled that Ovechkin didn't win any medals.
:)
Love.....Jill

HaroldDesign

Not a fan of hockey. However, I watch a lot of things I have no genuine interest in when the Olympics are on. I saw most of it, and it was actually really cool to watch. Congrats Canada! I know USA wanted the win, but they really looked like they wanted to cry getting that Silver medal, and I thought, "You guys didn't go into this thinking you would beat Canada at HOCKEY did you? That's what they do there!".