Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold Metallic Printing Help

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Goatshaver, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    Not really sure where to post this. I'm looking for someone to help me with a gold metallic ink print on vinyl.

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Do you want it done for you, or do you need help doing yourself on your printer?

3. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    For myself. I don't have the capabilities and don't know anyone that does near me.

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Can try printing on silver metallic. Solvent inks are similar to candy paint for vehicles. Looks really good. There is a post or two somewhere on the forum.

Otherwise it's going to be offset or screen printed.

5. Lucky Sky

Lucky Sky New Member

Mar 11, 2013
    San Marcos, TX
    Find someone in your area with a Roland printer set up for metallic ink. It has a really soft metallic quality. Worth a shot. To find someone reach out to the nearest distributor. If they don't know ask to talk to one of the technicians.

6. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    Gold is generally made by printing yellow on top of silver metallic. Lucky is on the right track.

Good luck

7. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    you could also use gold metallic vinyl as your base, and print onto it. or print onto clear and laminate the clear print onto the gold?

8. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    Yeah I had that thought but many that would be a process because they want it on white.

Possibly but they do want it gold on white which would be difficult for my setup otherwise it would have to be done with UV is my guess.

9. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    If they want gold on white - that's perfect for the gerber edge. Happy to try a free test for you, - there is gold, metallic gold, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    Sent you a PM