• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gold vinyl

I have a customer that wants gold lettering on the door and window of their office. Of course they don't want to use sign gold because of cost. What is the next best thing that will look like the real thing?

Terremoto

I have a customer that wants gold lettering on the door and window of their office. Of course they don't want to use sign gold because of cost. What is the next best thing that will look like the real thing?

Quite honestly there isn't anything that looks like the real thing.

Dan

Jillbeans

Oracal's metallic ultraleaf cast isn't too bad. It has a hokey looking holographic sheen but it's easier to work with than SignGold and is listed as 5 yr vinyl.
Of course, absolutely nothing is as good as the real thing.
Love....jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Tell them to sh!t or get off the pot.

Either they want gold leaf, which is expensive and not many can gild glass..... or they settle for imitation gold leaf vinyl for what it costs.

Seeing your other thread about this customer and now this one, it seems evident, you don't have as good a grasp on the many materials and substrates available in this industry as you need to deal with customers.

You're tending to allow the customer to walk over you and dictate how you should conduct your business. You need to give them their possibilities and they either take it or leave it and then you don't have to waste hours looking up crap for nothing.

If this was a multi-thousand dollar job, you could waste an hour or two..... or three, but you're having trouble getting $500. You're already used up all your profit and you still don't know what you're going to do. Besides, do you have the job ??

If you're still gonna use gold leaf vinyl, you realize you have to back it up with cast black ?? Ya can't use calendared... it will shrink wa-a-ay too fast.

splizaat

I use Rtape VinylEFX on dump truck doors all the time and it seems to hold up decent.

ONLY 3-4 years...if someone only has to pay for door lettering every 4 years, that's pretty damn good lifespan in my opinion for the money spent. Did they want it to outlast the building?