• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Goldrush Alaska

K Chez

No-it was. They could build a radio out of a coconut and some twigs, but they couldn't fix a boat or build a raft!

petesign

I just saw this show this past weekend. The whole time all I could think was..

What a bunch of dumbasses.

No worse than the river idiots in ax men though.

Thank goodness they don't do any shows on sign shops. :D

John L

I bet it was a bunch of fake crap.

I didnt even watch it because my Wrasslin' was on during that time slot.

ProWraps

the only person on the show worth his weight in gold is the 15 year old kid. he is/was wise beyond his years.

makes for great TV. but the operation is a joke.

Mosh

I would grab that goatee and cut it off with my thin-snips. Now that would be reality! Can't you just see me rolling up in my tractor, beer in hand....at 25 mph that would take me about two years to drive up there. That could be a show on it's own. (the vette wouldn't make it across that creek or I'd drive that up there)

10sacer

Gold rush

Are the media outlets all in cahoots to push Palin on us in the near future?

Why are there all of a sudden all these shows that feature Alaska?

I lived in Fairbanks for two years and - yeah - the aurora is cool, but apart from that its a dump.

I just don't see how we have gone 50 years without a single dedicated show having anything to do with Alaska and now they are cropping up everywhere.

Just saw an episode of Top Gear and these three yahoos were driving around Alaska and trying to see who had the toughest American-made truck and who could actually touch a glacier with their truck.

Mosh

You been there two years...ever see anyone roll into town in an AGCO 9550 four wheel drive going 23 MPH????

10sacer

Alaska

Was many, many years ago that I was there... but fairly sure i would have remembered someone going 23 MPH. Do remember going bowling ALOT and hitting a moose in our SAAB, well and the C130 crashing in our backyard at base housing...

Pat Whatley

Just saw an episode of Top Gear and these three yahoos were driving around Alaska and trying to see who had the toughest American-made truck and who could actually touch a glacier with their truck.

That was the funniest episode of American Top Gear ever!

Mosh

The American Top Gear SUCKs if you compair it to the British one, the one from Denmark is even better!!!

10sacer

Alaska

Son of a Beach... there's ANOTHER show about Alaska on History Channel right now.

What is going on?

Pat Whatley

I loved it. They spent the last of their money on a vibrating table to separate the gold from the dirt, the only person who bothered to read the book on how to use it was the incompetent boob, then daddy decides he doesn't trust the machine so everybody has to pan for gold by hand. Brilliant!

I was glad to see Dorsey and his family leave. I'm hoping Dorsey says "screw gold" and goes back to work on the fishing boat. He should have also burned his cabin to the ground before he left. No way I would have left it for them.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Have you ever noticed how often no one is doing anything productive? Why did they wait until they were broke to set the women to panning? They could have been processing the black sand by hand all that time and they wouldn't have run out of money.

I'm guessing Harness could have hit his morphine, skimmed the Wave Shaker book and had the machine setup, fine tuned and producing gold in about an hour.

Edserv

I like to watch "Pawn Stars" and was wondering how much these guys make (if anything) for the reality show?
It seems like they would be willing to pay for this kind of advertising?
We drove by the Pawn Star store last time in Vegas- It's tiny. I bet they're selling way more in t-shirts and bumper stickers (and from the traffic they're getting from the reality show) than before.
How do we get a "Sign Stars" show on tv?