• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Golf ball vehicle wrap

worthy1

Hi all,

Have had a request for a quote to wrap a car to look like a golf ball (putt putt business). The car is a Nissan Micra K12 so its probably as close to a round shape as a car can get.

My thoughts on it are that the patter for golf balls looks the way it does due to it going around a perfect sphere. I have my doubts on how well this would look with panels at different angles.

One way to do it i guess would be to just have the circles (indents)inline going over the car side by side but to me this would look like a car with spots rather then a golf ball.

Any thoughts would be great.

worthy1

Nothing has been laid out as of yet as not sure if there is any point to go that far if the idea will just not work.

Golf ball patterns start with a semi circle pattern that gets bigger as it moves out. Looks great when wrapped around a sphere i cant imagine it working on a car. The other issue is the pattern would need to repeat eventually on the print which again would be very noticeable once.

Probably a bit hard to explain.
This shutterstock example might help - http://tinyurl.com/pdyzea7

jmcnicoll

I own a white mini van and thought about doing this a few years ago. I figured since the van was white the easiest thing to try was just printing and cutting out the dimples and placing each one, one at a time. Otherwise not sure how you pull off the corners lining up properly.

SignManiac

John the dimples on your layout are too large. Driving down the highway, they would cause the car to lift up off the road do to the fact that the dimples are what make a golf ball stay in the air longer. But one of the benefits is the car can be driven further on less gas. Should easily go 350 yards with no problems.

John the dimples on your layout are too large. Driving down the highway, they would cause the car to lift up off the road do to the fact that the dimples are what make a golf ball stay in the air longer. But one of the benefits is the car can be driven further on less gas. Should easily go 350 yards with no problems.

Just need a good driver huh....

John Butto

This will keep it down on the road.

worthy1

I did think about just printing the dimples.

The issue is they want a bright pink golf ball so means a full pink wrap followed by seperate dimples. Again in my head it will look like a car with polka dots.

Have also thought of seamless golf balls and also maybe making the car look like its one of the obstacle you would find on a putt putt course. Of course i coild just leave it the way ot looks and say its a car obstacle

bikecomedy

Haha.. Mythbusters did this and improved gas mileage... will pay for the wrap in no time :ROFLMAO:

golfball car.jpg

See for yourself here: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/dimpled-car-minimyth.htm