• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Golf course sign materials

airfx

First off, Hello everyone. I'm new here (on the forum, not to the business). I'm looking for suggestions for the best and cost effective substrate for 24"x 24" hole markers and yardage signs. My client is looking for something that is double sided, durable, and (surprise, surprise) low cost. My only suggestion for it is crezon, ( will still dent when hit with an errant ball, but not as bad as aluminum composite ) but he doesn't really want to pay that much. Any suggestions would be a great help.

bannertime

Clear polycarbonate with a second surface mount. First surface on white if you do a print/lam. You can probably have a vendor cut them down to size. That's the cheapest I'd go that doesn't show impacts. Otherwise you'd probably have to look at least .063 and up.

airfx

Are these going out for golf outings or is this something permanent for a course ??

they are permanent. I told them that they should go with cast aluminum plaques from Gemini. But after i picked up his jaw off the floor when I gave him the price, I told him I'd find a different substrate. lol

DerbyCitySignGuy

they are permanent. I told them that they should go with cast aluminum plaques from Gemini. But after i picked up his jaw off the floor when I gave him the price, I told him I'd find a different substrate. lol

If he doesn't want to follow your suggestions, which I think are absolutely reasonable for signs going on a golf course, he can kick rocks!

They're going to be exposed to the elements 24/7 with people hitting golf balls at them all day. If he pinches pennies now, he's going to end up spending a lot more in the long run.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Ahhh, disregard my suggestion.

DerbyCitySignGuy

080 can take a beating.

Even then he's still only going to get a couple years out of the signs due to exposure.

You could always avoid printing anything and use cut Rowmark (or similar) letters to create a raised surface on white 080. Even that's not going to be permanent.

There really isn't a "cheap" permanent option.

airfx

Thank you all. That was a lot quicker response time than I expected.:)
I think I'll work out a price with 10mm PVC. It seems like the most cost effective.

Thanx again!

Even then he's still only going to get a couple years out of the signs due to exposure.

You could always avoid printing anything and use cut Rowmark (or similar) letters to create a raised surface on white 080. Even that's not going to be permanent.

There really isn't a "cheap" permanent option.

.063 OR .080 Use the correct materials for the face and it will last 10+years. I don't understand how it would only last a couple years. Maybe with a calendared vinyl or without laminate.

Marlene

Thank you all. That was a lot quicker response time than I expected.:)
I think I'll work out a price with 10mm PVC. It seems like the most cost effective.

Thanx again!

You could v-groove route the copy to help make them look nicer then paint them a matte finish so they don't look like plastic.