Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Golf Tournament Sign

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by Chad., Sep 30, 2009.

1. Chad.

Chad. Active Member

Feb 24, 2006
    We are sponsoring a hole in an upcoming golf tournament. Rather than accept the 18"x24" black / white coroplast sign the "pack & ship" store volunteered to the candidate, we decided to make a statement.

This sign is 3 sided, made on 4mm coroplast, stands 6ft tall, 32" wide ... each panel is reinforced on the back with 2"x 1/2" white wood strips ($.80 ea.) to eliminate flex and ad weight. Business card holders added to all 3 sides allowing it to hold up to 400 ...

Hope ya like.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. GK

GK Very Active Member

Apr 30, 2007
    NYC
    Very nice and well done...but what is to stop the tournament players from thinking you made this nice sign for yourself...and everyone else got the "pack & ship" store ones.

3. Chad.

Chad. Active Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Let em think it ... that is what happened. We were not contracted to make other signs for the tournament. The pack and ship store donated them ... this is a political golf tournament.

4. TheSellOut

TheSellOut Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I think it's geniuis! You might be making a lot of political signs this next election!

5. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I've NEVER paid attention to a hole sponsor sign and I'm willing to bet 95% of the golfers in the tournament don't either. They're useless advertising. That sign, however, is gonna look damn impressive and impossible to miss. People will feel almost obligated to at least grab a card. Great job.

6. trik

trik Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yuba City, CA
    I agree with Pat, most would not pay attention to a whole sponsor, usually the signs are one color, nothing special, but you nailed it!!! Let us know the results.

Good job!

7. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    That sign looks great, good job. I wonder if the golf committee got it's nose out of joint because your's looked so professional and the rest looked so plain?

8. ovrcafnatd

ovrcafnatd Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ha - brilliant!
    sure to get attention.
    And great designing I might add.

9. Chad.

Chad. Active Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Hey ... it's my hole ... car dealerships sponsor holes and bring cars and huge signs ... Nobody said a company couldn't provide their own sign. I would also imagine other politicians will use their campaign signs rather than those provided.

Appreciate the kinds words everyone !

10. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    Yeah, but what can you do for $20 a hole.

11. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    Very good job. Now I want to sponsor a hole!

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    That is a good idea. I've had a couple that I sponsored that didn't get their signs from me. I'll have to remember this. BLOW EM AWAY. My only question is...how does it stay standing if it's not wired into the ground?

13. Chad.

Chad. Active Member

Feb 24, 2006
    It's a 3 sided sign ... each panel is reinforced and weighted with wood strips on the back ... being a triangle, it stands on its own, but when its on site, we will use metal dowels (about the same thickness as H frames) to anchor it into the ground. Should Work.

14. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Nice one Chad, it definitely looks first class.
    Just make sure you secure it well enough so you don't end up with egg on your face while you're chasing it down the fairway.

Checkers

15. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    I love it, and it's a great idea.
    I just hope nobody expects you to make ones like this for the next golf outing at $25 a pop.
    Love....Jill

16. Chad.

Chad. Active Member

Feb 24, 2006
    No doubt ... im hoping its an easy wind day ... but i will definitely make sure to anchor it well.

17. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    Well done and great idea. The golf course should not care one way or another how much better your sponsored hole looks, but others will see it stand out, and if they ever had a need for signs in the past, will think about you next time.

18. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    great Idea. My only suggestion is to make it smaller. That is way to big for a golf outing. Plus you dont want it to be a huge kite.

19. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

My thoughts too. Great work!

20. Chad.

Chad. Active Member

Feb 24, 2006
    mmm ... nope ... the point is for it to stand out, not blend in, and with the proper anchoring, "kiting" should not be a problem.

If i wanted to blend in, i would have taken the free 18x24

21. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    oh I thought you where doing these for every hole.