• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good Alternates to ShopVox Shop Management software

armandolo

Hi Everyone.

We have been using Signvox then shopVox and just recently the price nearly doubled from $215 to $366 a month and i cant justyfy the cost as we are a small shop. They supposed can not switch us to their Express platform which is honestly what we had before as far as options go. Just different name back them.

So increased cost, no added benefit and just a name change in functionality does not justify the cost.

I started looking into Cyrious and signtracker.

Are there any others? Would love to hear your thoughts on what you use and what your experience is.

Thank you

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Check out onyx align. it seems to be more catered towards sign shops/print shops.
but most software like this is quite expensive.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Sorry to hear about your troubles with Signvox. We tried it out when they first came out and I'm glad we didn't jump on the bandwagon after the trial, have seen nothing but dissatisfaction related to them over the last couple of years.

That said, this topic comes up every so often and it's also something we've always been on the hunt for. Searching "business management" on this site comes up with a few relevant threads: https://www.signs101.com/search/2464778/?q=management+software&o=date (You'll have to sift through them)

We've bounced around with different solutions and in the end I think I'll likely just get something custom designed once we can afford the time and financial investment. For now we use Quickbooks for all estimates/invoices/accounting related matters, Smartsheet for digital job board and production schedule and Corel/PDF order docket templates that have to be manually typed up. (Not ideal)

I've been evaluating/playing with Stackby but I'm not sure that I can recommend it at this point. It seems to be a simpler (less features) version of smartsheet and I've found lots of bugs so far. I was able to create a digital job board/scheduler/online order entry form/crm within a couple of hours but still not a polished solution by any means.

What are the main features that you like from Signvox? What are your needs/wants with a business management / MIS solution?

I know that dealing with price hikes for shop management software can be frustrating, especially for small shops. Cyrious and SignTracker are solid alternatives you've already considered. Another option worth exploring is enterprise project management software. Basically, these platforms offer comprehensive features that could meet your needs without breaking the bank. So, I'd recommend checking out demos or trials to see which one aligns best with your operations.

Last edited:

RabidOne

I have used Cyrious, Enterprise and Squarecoil. The version of Enterprise we have is really detailed, but better for a Print shop than a Sign shop.
Cyrious is super customizable and apparently the new user interface makes it easier to manage.
Squarecoil was just being adopted at the previous shop I was at. Interface was easy to work with. The app made it really easy for the installers to update the job info on site from their phones.

invisibleink

We have been using Signvox then shopVox and just recently the price nearly doubled from $215 to $366 a month and i cant justyfy the cost as we are a small shop. They supposed can not switch us to their Express platform which is honestly what we had before as far as options go. Just different name back them.

I started looking into Cyrious and signtracker.
Armandolo,
Have you had any success yet finding a replacement?
We are also a small shop in the exact same situation and have been told the same thing by ShopVox. Other issues include extracting our data from ShopVox as their export function does not export line items and notes for quotes and Sales Orders. We have looked at a lot of software and hope to make a choice soon.

We are currently comparing Signtracker, PrintMIS, Hexicom, Websites for Printers, OnPrintShop and Odoo. If our focus was on Apparel and Promo items I would probably go with HoopsCRM, but they are limited on support for signs, banners and digital printed items. Have also been looking at theprintlife.com and teesom (focused on screen printing), printmissle.com, deconetwork, and Print Science.

Our shop does digital printing for forms, booklets, postcards and small posters. We use wholesale partners for signs, banners, promo items and apparel.
Our needs:
• Quotations/Estimates
Quote products by the square ft. (banners, signs, etc.)
Ability to easily quote multiple quantities (ie. yard signs, business cards and forms)
Easily save Quotes and line Items for reuse
• Artwork Proofing
• Order/Job Board for Status Tracking
• Customer Portal (For quote and art approvals, payments, along with job status)
• Client communications and notification via email and SMS