• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

good (CISS) bulk system for mimaki jv5 and 3d ink

sunntrust

Hi there
I'm using my mimaki jv5 for 3 years and going to install some bulk system for it. Was using OEM inks/ 440ml.
I'm looking for good CISS for my mimaki jv5 and some good inks. The problem is that most pple use jv3 or jv33, but what is good for jv3 is not good for jv5. I was trying Bardoux inks and InkTek but result was not good.
So if anybody has good experiance using bulk inks and bulk system with jv5 for several years, let me know plz.

thanks in advance.

mtygabriel

There is a good thread by SightLine where he discusses Bulk Ink Systems. He eventually went with Triangle CISS that uses 2liter bags in a box.

I have a bulk ink system and am considering changing to one that uses bagged ink so as not to introduce air into the system and pressure problems inherent with nonbagged ink.

I was considering the new CISS from Bordeaux which uses bagged liters, but I noticed you said you did not have a good experience with Bordeaux and other. What was it?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yep..... on a JV5 I'd really only suggest that with a bag system or regular cartrdiges. JV5 machines are very fast machines and as such they use a lot of ink very fast. JV5 machines are also very very finicky and sensitive machines. If one gets to acting up, they can be a bear to get back right. Mimaki has their own MBIS which is a bag system. Triangle has one that is specifically for JV33 and JV5 machines and Bordeaux also now has a bag type system (1L bags I think) which I believe is also adaptable for both JV33 and JV5 machines.

As far as how the ink system and cartridge slots are setup the JV33 and JV5 systems are near the same except the JV5 has twice as many slots. Pretty much all bulk systems for a JV33 are expandable to work the same on a JV5. JV3 setups are considerably different in how the ink system is designed and pretty much any bulk system made for a JV3 machine will not work well at all on a JV33 or JV5.

I've worked with about 4 different bulk setups over the years and have come to realize that pretty much all tank systems are inherently flawed when used on Mimaki printers. They either introduce air into the ink system or cause over/under pressure problems. This is exactly why Mimaki's own bulk system uses ink bags, why cartridges have ink bags in them, and why more bag type bulk systems are now coming onto the market. They eliminate introducing air into the system and eliminate any pressure problems.

CS-SignSupply-TT

CISS/Bulk ink for JV5, JV33

Yep..... on a JV5 I'd really only suggest that with a bag system or regular cartrdiges. JV5 machines are very fast machines and as such they use a lot of ink very fast. JV5 machines are also very very finicky and sensitive machines. If one gets to acting up, they can be a bear to get back right. Mimaki has their own MBIS which is a bag system. Triangle has one that is specifically for JV33 and JV5 machines and Bordeaux also now has a bag type system (1L bags I think) which I believe is also adaptable for both JV33 and JV5 machines.

As far as how the ink system and cartridge slots are setup the JV33 and JV5 systems are near the same except the JV5 has twice as many slots. Pretty much all bulk systems for a JV33 are expandable to work the same on a JV5. JV3 setups are considerably different in how the ink system is designed and pretty much any bulk system made for a JV3 machine will not work well at all on a JV33 or JV5.

I've worked with about 4 different bulk setups over the years and have come to realize that pretty much all tank systems are inherently flawed when used on Mimaki printers. They either introduce air into the ink system or cause over/under pressure problems. This is exactly why Mimaki's own bulk system uses ink bags, why cartridges have ink bags in them, and why more bag type bulk systems are now coming onto the market. They eliminate introducing air into the system and eliminate any pressure problems.

CiberSupply is happy to help you with the RIGHT "bag" system for your JV5, JV33

CS-SignSupply-TT

Jv33 specific manifold

Hi Tim,

What is your recommendation and price quote for a JV33 "bag" system. Send me PM if you want. Also, can you get your hands on a JV33 specific Manifold? Thanks.

The JV33 has the DX5 head. Apparently there are three versions of the DX5 head; therefore, it is recommended that you go to Mimaki for the Manifold. Sorry :frustrated: