• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good Laminate - Not Oracal

siklidkid

So my pop and I just got into print/lam. We have a QM Solo and have been using with Oraguard 210. As you guys probably already know, our rep told us that Oracal rolls their media backwards(?) so with the QM Solo you need to put one twist into the "ring belt". Well it seems that tension causes the roll to want to pop out of its "seat". It's annoying and we are looking for other laminate other than Oracal. Any thoughts?

siklidkid

Edit on previous post, we have QM4...

Kraig,
I'm just looking for recommendations.

SW, Take a look at this attachment...

Attachments

• QM4.jpg
    QM4.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 160

chopper

seems the problem is not the laminate but the laminator, I have run both types of laminate through my machine and there is no flipping belts and such....but I would recommend arlon laminate.
//chopper

Stealth Ryder

Some laminators can use both Forward and Reverse wound laminate. Most require either one or the other... Most, if not ALL Oracal laminate is now reverse wound... Why, I HAVE NO IDEA... They used to send it either way!!! I quit using Oracal Laminate for exactly this reason... I now use Avery or 3M exactly for this reason... Sorry Oracal, get with the program...... Most machines use a chain drive, not a belt drive, you can't reverse the action of a chain driven machine...

siklidkid

chopper, indeed. It's either the Laminater or the Laminate that goes...QM wins for now.

What does 3M and Arlon offer thats comprable to the Oraguard 210?

James605

I think if you contact Daige they will send you a holder for free so this doesnt happen. I also have a QM4 and use 210 reverse wound and have never had this happen to me. my belt is twisted....

Charlie J

I never used to flip my belt, I would just run the laminate differently around the roll. With my quickmount III I actually preferred reverse wound lam.